The NOW Generation is comprised of young adults who find value and meaning in promoting the Chautauqua experience and devote their time, energy and resources to ensuring its longevity and continued relevance. It is open to anyone ages 21-40. Philanthropic participation is encouraged through membership in The Lewis Miller Circle, but not required to attend events or serve in leadership.
The NOW Generation is a valuable resource for Chautauquans ages 40 and under to deepen their social and civic engagement. Designed to encourage a more vibrant, diverse and robust community, the NOW Generation seeks to cultivate current assets, and to strengthen and develop new networks of individuals and partnering organizations that will build a stronger Chautauqua… a Chautauqua that will continue to welcome and nourish young professionals, families and artists for generations to come.
For more information on additional programs, volunteer opportunities or more, please “like” the NOW Generation at facebook.com/NOWGenCHQ. To sign up for the NOW Generation e-newsletter and receive invitations to upcoming events, please subscribe here.
Objectives of the NOW Generation Initiative
- Create a network of young Chautauquans who connect year-round and more fully explore the texture and dimension Chautauqua adds to their lives
- Encourage creativity and fresh ways of thinking and learning, and share knowledge of emerging interests within the community
- Provide organic, grassroots philanthropy at Chautauqua that is both intimate and far-reaching
- Provide ways to match young people’s values, social vision, educational pursuits and spiritual ideals with Chautauqua’s evolving needs and opportunities
- Prepare and empower young adults for leadership roles
Creating a more vibrant, diverse and robust community, members of the NOW Generation are building upon the rich tradition of volunteerism at Chautauqua. NOW Generation volunteer activities encompass a variety of capacities that best suit each member’s desires and are aligned with their interests, skills and talents, including:
- Serving as a community ambassador
- Assisting with events during the summer season
- Organizing regional events during the off-season
- Developing NOW Generation initiatives as a member of the Advisory Council
- Marketing & public relations
- Fundraising & development
- Community planning & design
- Networking & strategic collaborations
The strength of the NOW Generation lies in its members whose collective intelligence, wisdom and passion for excellence forms a vast network of peers to help each other become informed leaders and engaged citizens both at Chautauqua and in their home communities.