Career & Seasonal Employment Opportunities
Chautauqua Institution has opportunities available for both career and seasonal employment. The Summer Assembly is scheduled to begin Saturday, June 25, and will conclude on Sunday, August 28, 2022. Seasonal employment may be available earlier (pre-season) and beyond the season (post-season) depending on the opportunity of interest.
Explore Employment Opportunities and Join Our Talent Community
Applying for an Opportunity
- Follow the link (above) to Search Opportunities by job, location, category, or schedule. Career positions are highlighted as Featured Opportunities.
- Review Job Details and click Apply Now on any opportunity.
- Create a new account or log in to an existing account.
- Important for Rehires: Candidates who have previously worked at Chautauqua Institution should login with the username (email) and password created in 2021. If you do not remember your username (email), contact the Talent Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT create a new account with a different username (email). If you have previously been employed, but did not reapply last year, you must create a new account. Human Resources has partnered with a new software solution for recruitment and onboarding.
- Upload a resume and populate your candidate presence with work experience, education, skills, behaviors, and motivations for candidate matching.
- Apply for opportunities. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
- Login (email/password) frequently for updates on the status of each application.
- Don’t remember your password? Click to reset your password.
- Have a question? Contact the Talent Management Team at email@example.com
Joining Our Talent Community
Candidates who have explored our opportunities and discovered that an opportunity of interest is not currently available are still encouraged to join our talent community by clicking the link on the upper left of the employment page. You will register to create a candidate profile. Returning employees (as of 2021) seeking summer seasonal employment should already have a candidate profile and may apply to the opportunity of interest when available.
Vaccination for COVID-19
Chautauqua Institution has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees, patrons, and our shared community from COVID-19. By applying for employment, candidates acknowledge that they will comply with Chautauqua Institution’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to provide proof of full vaccination immediately upon hire or be approved for a medical or religious accommodation and before physically starting work.
Information for Minors
There are many employment opportunities for candidates under the age of 18. To review our minor friendly opportunities, follow the Search Employment Opportunities link (above). Enter the word “minor” in the search function at the top of the page. Follow the instructions listed on this Employment page (above) to apply for any opportunity.
Minors working in New York State must have an original and unexpired employment certificate (or “working papers”). For more information on how to obtain working papers, click here.
More Information on the Hiring Process
Hiring processes are variable by position and department. If you are qualified for an opportunity, you will be contacted by a member of the Talent Management Team at Chautauqua Institution. This process typically starts with outreach to qualified candidates for an initial phone screening and, for candidates who are selected to advance, an in-person or virtual interview with a hiring manager or managers.
We hire thousands of employees who are passionate about our mission for dynamic career (and seasonal) employment opportunities — as such, you may not be contacted for your “first choice” position. The Talent Management Team may forward your application to a hiring manager(s) in consideration for other positions for which you are most qualified.
If you are selected for employment, you will be directed to complete an offer letter and an onboarding process using the same login (email/password) that you used to complete your application at chq.org/employment. Please retain this information for easy access in the future.
Discovering Your Chautauqua Experience
Our talent community is invited to experience our mission, which is dedicated to the exploration of the best in human values and enrichment in life through a program that explores the important religious, social, and political issues of our times; stimulates provocative, thoughtful involvement of individuals and families in creative response to such issues; and promotes excellence and creativity in the appreciation, performance, and teaching of the arts.
The Institution aspires to create an informed, engaged, and renewed public that fosters and actively contributes to a more civil society, nationally and within the various communities represented by its individual constituents and partners.
Commitment to IDEA
Chautauqua Institution values Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) as a priority in our strategic plan, 150 Forward. One of our five core values is “The dignity and contributions of all people.” We are committed to creating conditions in which everyone feels that they can engage as full and valued participants in the Chautauqua experience.
The Institution is an equal opportunity employer committed to equitable and inclusive hiring practices and applicants will not be discriminated against based on any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We especially welcome applications from those who can demonstrate past experience, engagement and professional expertise in IDEA.