The Smith Memorial Library
Mondays: Noon–6 p.m.
Wednesdays & Fridays: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
Sundays: 12–3 p.m.
The Smith Memorial Library of Chautauqua Institution anchors the southern end of Bestor Plaza.
A member of the Chautauqua-Cattauragus Library System, The Smith offers year round services to the community:
- Broad collection of circulating and archival materials
- Access to ebooks and digital audio through your mobile device
- InterLibrary Loan services, reference assistance, and basic tech help
- WiFi, laptop workstations, and public desktop computers
- Copy, print, scan & fax service
Closed Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Good Friday, Easter, Mother’s Day, Day before Memorial Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Labor Day Weekend, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
To enrich the lives of the greater CHQ community by providing access to materials in a variety of formats, as well as other appropriate library services, for the purposes of education, intellectual stimulation, and pleasure; and to do so within the framework of the accepted principles of the library profession.