Smokey Robinson, The Roots + Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Harry Connick, Jr., Wynonna Judd, Lewis Black Headline 2021 Chautauqua Institution Concert Lineup
Amphitheater to Operate at 80–100% Capacity; Tickets Available Now for Most Shows
CHAUTAUQUA, N.Y. — Chautauqua Institution today announced its 2021 Amphitheater popular concert lineup, including appearances by Wynonna Judd (July 16), Harry Connick, Jr. (Aug. 13) and comedians Lewis Black (July 25) Bill Engvall (July 29), plus a one-of-a-kind double-bill performance by The Roots and Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue (Aug. 21). The season begins with a solo show by popular mandolinist Chris Thile (June 26) and closes with Old Crow Medicine Show (Aug. 26), Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit (Aug. 27) and the legendary Smokey Robinson (Aug. 28).
The outdoor Chautauqua Amphitheater will operate at approximately 80% capacity for most shows, with most seating reserved for those who show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. A few concerts will operate at 100% of the facility’s 4,400-person capacity, with all seats reserved for those who show proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated children may accompany vaccinated adults in the section reserved for vaccinated individuals.
Details on each concert can be found at concerts.chq.org, and more information on public health protocols is available at VacationSafely.chq.org. A full listing of all Chautauqua Institution arts and entertainment programming, including performances and productions by the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra, Chautauqua Opera Company, Chautauqua Theater Company and in-residence professional dance companies, can be found at arts.chq.org.
Concert tickets permit access to the Chautauqua Institution grounds four hours prior to the scheduled start time of an event. Patrons are invited to arrive early and explore the grounds and other amenities, including free access to world-class art galleries, plus shops and restaurants.
2021 CONCERTS AT THE CHAUTAUQUA AMPHITHEATER:
- Saturday, June 26: Chris Thile. $45–$75
- Thursday, July 1: Glenn Miller Orchestra. $45–$65
- Friday, July 2: An Evening with Michael W. Smith $50–70
- Wednesday, July 7: Alicia Olatuja: “Intuition — Songs from the Minds of Women” $35–$55
- Friday, July 9: The Hot Sardines. $45–$65
- Wednesday, July 14: Ranky Tanky. $35–$55
- Friday, July 16: Wynonna Judd. $40–$80
- Saturday, July 17: Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” in Concert with the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra. $45–$75
- Wednesday, July 21: Chanticleer. $45–$65
- Friday, July 23: Johnny Mathis: 65 Years of Romance. $45–$65
- Saturday, July 24: “Beauty and the Beast” in Concert with the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra.$45–$75
- Monday, July 26: Lewis Black. $45–$75
- Thursday, July 29: Bill Engvall. $45–$75
- Friday, July 30: An Evening with Straight No Chaser. $50–$80
- Monday, Aug. 2: Amythyst Kiah. $30–$50
- Wednesday, Aug. 4: Margo Price with Special Guest Allison Russell. $45–$65
- Friday, Aug. 6: One Night of Queen performed by Gary Mullen and The Works. $35–$75
- Wednesday, Aug. 11: The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass. $30–$50
- Friday, Aug. 13: Harry Connick, Jr. and His Band: Time to Play! $70–$140
- Wednesday, Aug. 18: Black Violin: Impossible Tour. $30–$50
- Friday, Aug. 20: The Wood Brothers. $35–$55
- Saturday, Aug. 21: The Roots + Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue. $75–$225
- Thursday, Aug. 26: Old Crow Medicine Show. $49–$79
- Friday, Aug. 27: Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit. $65–$140
- Saturday, Aug. 28: Smokey Robinson. $75–$150
ABOUT CHAUTAUQUA INSTITUTION
Chautauqua Institution is a community on the shores of Chautauqua Lake in southwestern New York state that comes alive each summer — and year-round through the CHQ Assembly online platforms — with a unique mix of fine and performing arts, lectures, interfaith worship and programs, and recreational activities. As a community, we celebrate, encourage and study the arts and treat them as integral to all of learning, and we convene the critical conversations of the day to advance understanding through civil dialogue.
Save Your Trip
Fill out the form below to save your trip. You will receive a link to your saved list via email.
Save Your Favorites
Fill out the form below to save your favorites. You will receive a link to your favorites list via email.
"*" indicates required fields
You have now entered the season. Some website content may differ depending on the current season we are in: Summer or Fall/Winter/Spring. You can toggle between the two season options at any time.