Director of Youth and Family Programs
Education — Programming
Additional Contact Information
P.O. Box 28 | One Ames Avenue
Chautauqua, N.Y. 14722
Since the 2019 season, I have served the Chautauqua Institution community as the director of youth and family programs. In this role, I provide strategic and operational leadership for our foundational youth programs: Boys and Girls Club, Group One, Children’s School, and the Youth Activities Center (YAC). I also have the opportunity to develop new programs and opportunities to enhance the family experience like Play CHQ, to foster local partnerships and widen the reach of the Institution’s youth programming.
For over 10 years, I have been fortunate to have a career in recreation that has included leadership positions in camps, arts programs, municipal recreation, and multigenerational experiences. Some of my fondest memories are from working with the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, most recently with the Cleveland School of Arts. Watching young people who I worked with when they were middle schoolers grow into passionate, caring adults is a constant inspiration for me.
Why did you choose to work at Chautauqua? What do you like about working at Chautauqua?
I was drawn to Chautauqua because of our interdisciplinary approach to lifelong learning and the vision of the 150 Forward strategic plan. With my interdisciplinary professional background, Chautauqua felt like a perfect fit.
Current and Former Volunteer or Board Roles
- Girl Scouts of Western NY, Troop Co-Leader
- United Way of Southern Chautauqua County, Allocations Committee Volunteer
- Infinity Visual and Performing Arts; Board Member, Secretary
- Cornell Cooperative Extension, Board Member
- Jamestown Parks, Recreation, and Conservation; Commission Member
- Jamestown City Democratic Committee; Chair
- National Recreation and Park Association, Member
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector
Camping, hiking, kayaking, writing poetry, crafting, snowboarding, playing board games and tabletop role-playing games