AIA, Vice President of Campus Planning and Operations
Campus Planning and Operations
Additional Contact Information
P.O. Box 28 | One Ames Avenue
Chautauqua, N.Y. 14722
I have had the privilege of serving Chautauqua since 2011. As Vice President of Campus Planning & Operations here at Chautauqua, I serve as a member of the Executive Staff. I am responsible for all development, care and maintenance of Chautauqua’s natural and built environments as well as the development and enforcement of our architectural and land use regulations that apply to non-Institution-owned properties. In addition, I oversee Buildings, Gardens & Grounds, Vehicle Maintenance, Housekeeping, Waterfront, and Transportation operations. Prior to joining Chautauqua, I was a principal architect with national architectural firms primarily serving the Institutional, Higher Education, Pre K – 12 Education, healthcare, commercial, and residential markets. I also was a director of construction management and on the project management team for one of the largest international design and construction consulting firms in the world. I am a licensed architect and graduate of Purdue University.
Why did you choose to work at Chautauqua? What do you like about working at Chautauqua?
Chautauqua’s historic landmark campus, buildings, lake setting and community are a playground for an architect and environment-lover like me to work in. I love the variety of complex work that we do together here to sustain such an important and American treasure.
Current and Former Volunteer or Board Roles
- Former Board Member – Jamestown Audubon
- Former member AM Rotary Club of Jamestown
- Former Chairman-Lakewood Development Corporation
- Former Board Member Lakewood Planning Board
- Member of Chautauqua Lake & Watershed Management Alliance
- Former Member of Governor’s Chautauqua Lake Steering Committee
- President of Stoneman Recreation Association
- Member of Chautauqua Lake Protection and Rehabilitation District
- Former Business Division Leader – United Way of Southern Chautauqua County
American Institute of Architects
Boating, skiing (snow and water), running, golf, skeet/trap shooting, traveling, learning