Winter in Yellowstone
January 9–15, 2025 or February 20–26, 2025
Pricing: $5,995 per person based on double occupancy
At this time, we are not able to accept reservations for this trip while we await confirmation from the National Parks Service of our travel dates and exclusive itinerary.
Please register your interest in this experience by sending an email to: Reservations@academic-travel.com. Please let us know which of the dates below are of greatest interest to you. We will contact you once the trip is open for booking.
Journey deep into Yellowstone over snow-packed roads, stopping often to explore the wilderness. See the iced-over Upper Falls and watch Old Faithful’s dramatic eruptions without the crowds. Hike the boardwalks and trails around the Upper Geyser Basin to see colorful thermal pools and steaming fumaroles. Drive through Grand Teton National Park and take a horse-drawn sleigh through the National Elk Refuge in Jackson, where over 7,500 elk spend each winter. Feel at one with nature. (Please note: Guests will need to navigate icy areas and be able to climb into and out of a snow coach. While we seek to adhere to the below itinerary, unpredictable winter weather occasionally requires us to modify activities to ensure passenger safety.)
- Enjoy exclusive access to sites at Yellowstone when the crowds are gone and the animals are out.
- Learn how the reintroduction of wolves has affected Yellowstone from local naturalists.
- View the impact the majesty of winter has on geysers, mud pools and waterfalls.
- Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge, where over 7,500 elk spend their winter.
- Staying at lodges inside the park, immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of the quiet season of the nation’s oldest national park.