Pontoon Boat Rentals
- Two New 23′ Berkshire Pontoon Boats available
- Tubes with tow ropes and prop insurance available
- Pontoon Boats docked at Chautauqua Main Dock
- All safety equipment included with rentals
Weekly rate: $3,420 + tax + gas. 50% non-refundable deposit to reserve. Reservations accepted in the pre-season by emailing email@example.com.
Multi-day rate: $560/day. Reservations accepted up to 2 weeks prior to rental date with full non-refundable payment either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org during pre-season or by calling the Sports Club at 716-357-6281 during the season.
Single day rate: $560/day. Reservations accepted up to 1 week prior to rental date with full non-refundable payment. Boat reservation times must be within Sports Club daily hours and returned 30 minutes prior to Sports Club closing time.
Half day rate: Reservations accepted 1 day before rental date with full non-refundable payment.
Monday–Thursday: $390 – 11 a.m.–2 p.m. or 2:30–5:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: $410 – 11 a.m.–2 p.m. or 2:30–5:30 p.m.
Sunday: $410 – 1–4:30 p.m.
- Boats are docked at slip at Chautauqua Main Dock. Slip is included in the rental.
- Prices do not include tax and gas. 12-passenger maximum.
- Valid ID, signed contract and credit card is required for all rentals. Renters are responsible for any damages or missing equipment.
- All safety equipment included with rentals.
Under a new law, known as Brianna’s Law, all motor boat operators in NY state:
- Born on or after Jan. 1, 1988 will need a boating safety certificate beginning in 2022.
- Born on or after Jan. 1, 1983 will need a boating safety certificate beginning in 2023.
- Born on or after Jan. 1, 1978 will need a boating safety certificate beginning in 2024.
- All motor boat operators regardless of age will need a boating safety certificate beginning in 2025.
Watch our video to learn more about renting a pontoon boat from us.
Stand Up Paddleboards: $30/hour
Single Kayak: $30/hour
Tandem kayak: $40/hour
Paddle boat: $15/half hour
Sailboat rentals available at John R. Turney Sailing Center.
- Valid ID, credit card and signed waiver is required for all rentals.
- 1 or 2 hour rentals. Boats must be returned during Sports Club hours of operation.
- Life jackets and paddles included with all boat rentals.
- Special 1 hour Sunrise Kayak/SUP held on Wednesdays and Fridays. Weather permitting. Reservations required! 6–7 a.m. (June 29–August 12); 6:30–7:30 a.m. (August 17–26)
- Group Kayak tour held 12:45-1:45pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. Weather permitting. $10/person + kayak rental. Reservations required.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the age and weight restrictions for your kayaks, SUPs, canoes and paddleboats?
All renters and occupants of the kayaks, canoes, SUP’s and paddle boats are required to sign a waiver and wear a lifejacket. Minors must have their parents or legal guardians fill out the waiver and accompany them on their trip.
One must be 14 years or older for single kayaks and SUPs. Children 10 to 13 years must be accompanied by an adult on tandem kayaks and canoes. Children under 10 years are only permitted on paddle boats and must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
Single kayak maximum capacity is 250 lbs.
Tandem kayak maximum capacity is 400 lbs.
Stand Up Paddleboard maximum capacity is 220 lbs.
Paddleboat maximum capacity is 545 lbs. It can hold max 4 adults and 1 child.
How far in advance can I book a reservation?
You can book 1 day ahead for kayak, SUP, canoe, paddleboard rentals.
I’ve never been on a SUP, should I try it?
Stand-Up Paddle Boards (SUP) are great for adventurous and free-spirited individuals. Excellent core workout. Sit down if you get tired. 10-foot and 11-foot boards available. No experience necessary, however, you must get in the water first and be able to get yourself on your SUP. Life jackets are provided and must be worn at all times. First timers may especially enjoy our sunrise SUP hour as the lake this time of day usually the calmest.
What kind of kayaks do you rent?
All our single and tandem kayaks are sit-in vessels.
How far out on the lake can I go?
For safety reasons, all rentals must not go past the Packard Manor (to the north) or the John R. Turney Sailing Center (to the south) and stay within 100 yards of shore.
Can I swim from the boat and pick up others at the beach?
For safety, no swimming from boats or deliberate capsizing. Beach docking is not allowed. Boats must depart from and return to Sports Club slip on the Service Dock. No switching passengers.
What if it’s raining or windy?
Boats embark at the discretion of the director and staff. Boat rentals are always dependent on weather conditions.
What if weather conditions force the Sports Club to halt launches?
In the event the Sports Club needs to halt new departures due to severe weather, participants will have the ability to reschedule for later time (within current summer season) or receive a monetary refund. If participants are already out on the water when the Sports Club halts new departures, users are strongly encouraged to seek safe shelter and come back when safely able. Staff will wait for you to return and help as needed.
What if I am late or fail to show up for my reservation?
We recommend that you plan on arriving 10 minutes earlier than your reservation start time. This will ensure you have enough time to find the Sports Club, buy concessions, complete any paperwork that is needed, get suited up, and use the restrooms at the Central Dock before your start time. Late or no-show policies apply, so be sure to give yourself enough time!
If you and/ or your group are 15 minutes late or later for the reservation, the booking is considered a no-show and subject to the No-Show Policy. No-shows are not eligible for monetary refund, credit, rescheduling of the reservation, or any other reimbursement. The entire reservation cost will be forfeited. The No-Show Policy is applicable to all participants, including individual participants within a group reservation. Reservations are considered a no-show 15 minutes past a reservation slot. We must respect the other reservations for the day.
Recreational Activities (Fees vary)
- Shuffleboard (Must be 12 to play without adult supervision)
- Lawn bowling (Age 14 and older)
- Fishing (live bait and fishing poles for sale)
- Outdoor Ping Pong
- Small equipment loan (basketballs, volleyballs, frisbee)
Softball Exhibition Game | Thursday, July 14 at 5:30 p.m., Sharpe Field
Jamestown Tarp Skunks vs CHQ Team
Old First Night Run/Walk | Saturday, July 30 at 8 a.m.
Run or walk the 2.75 mile race around the perimeter of the grounds. Or participate virtually in our “Around the World” race. Proceeds benefit the Chautauqua Fund.
Register here beginning June 1
Sunrise SUP and Kayak Mornings | Wednesdays & Fridays from 6–7 a.m. during the season (6:30–7:30 a.m. starting August 17)
Guided Kayak Tours | Mondays (eco tour) & Wednesdays (historic tour) from 12:45–1:45 p.m.
Beach-to-Beach Color Sprint | Thursday, August 11 at 4:30 p.m.
Sports Club has OFN t-shirts, OFN posters, water shoes, Gatorade and water available for sale.