Rates and Fees for Passes, Tickets and Registrations
This page provides information about passes, single day and event tickets, and other purchases to create your Chautauqua experience. Public sales of Gate Passes, event tickets, parking and docks begin January 17, 2023. All information subject to change.
Ticket Phones/Contact Center:
Monday–Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EDT
Welcome Center Central Information Desk
Main Gate Welcome Center
Monday–Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EDT
Safety and Security:
Please see VacationSafely.chq.org for updated information on health and safety protocols.
Ordering Your Gate Pass or Event Ticket
Sales begin on January 17, 2023 at 10 a.m. Rates and fees associated with Gate Passes will be published by January 9.
2023 On-Sale Dates
- January 17: Gate Passes, event tickets, main lot and on-grounds parking, boats and docks
- February 7: Youth programs, opera and theater packages
- February 21: Opera and theater single tickets.
- First price increase on Gate Passes
- June 1: Special Studies, scooters and business center rentals.
- Second and final price increase on Gate Passes
A Gate Pass or Ticket is required to enter the grounds from June 24 to Aug. 27 and acts as your passport to the Chautauqua Experience.
The Traditional Gate Pass (TGP) gives the greatest access and flexibility for engagement in Chautauqua’s core programs. It includes festival seating to all events in the Amphitheater. This pass is for the patron who loves to attend or sample all that happens at the Amp as well as in the Hall of Philosophy, Lenna Hall, Smith Wilkes Hall, and Music School facilities.
The Grounds Access Pass (GAP) is the “Create your own Chautauqua” pass. The GAP gives holders access to morning worship events at the Amp and all programs in the Hall of Philosophy, Smith Wilkes Hall and Music School facilities. GAP holders may purchase tickets to events at the Amphitheater and Lenna Hall while supplies last. Tickets to daytime events and some evening events at the Amp are discounted 10% for GAP holders.
Both pass types include access to art galleries, beaches, parks and complimentary transportation services.
Guests ages 12 and under need to register with the Ticket Office to receive a complimentary Traditional Gate Pass.
For ages 13 to 25, youth gate passes are available at a reduced rate.
Complimentary Traditional Gate Passes are available for active military members (with valid ID) and for guests who are at least 90 years of age (or turn 90 before current season ends).
Purchases in Addition to the Gate Pass
- Amphitheater Popular Entertainment Concerts (Grounds Access Pass Holders) & Preferred Seating: These may be purchased by phone, at the Main Gate Welcome Center or at tickets.chq.org.
- Parking Pass: Required for on-grounds and Main Lot parking.
- Mooring and Boat Registration Fees: The Institution requires registration for all boats, via the Ticket Office. Mooring rentals are available for ramps, buoys and slips.
- Recreation Activities: Sign up for golf, tennis or fitness center programs.
- Special Studies Classes: Lifelong and enrichment learning with diverse classes offered.
- Youth Programs: Including preschool, day camp, tennis, sailing, golf and Special Studies classes.
Long-term Gate Pass: Gate pass with a minimum length of 24 hours.
Age 12 & Under Gate Pass*: Registration required; no gate pass fee.
Youth Gate Pass*: Age 13 to age 25, based on age when the gate pass begins.
Age 90+ Gate Pass*: Registration required; no gate pass fee. Guests at least 90 years of age (or turning 90 before current season ends) are eligible.
Active-duty military*: Registration required; no gate pass fee.
Week: A week is any seven consecutive nights. Weekly gate passes are valid from 7 a.m. on the arrival date until 10 a.m. on departure date. Additional time may be purchased.
*For these passes the proof of eligibility is required when the order is placed. Proof of age or proper ID card may be required.